Band Director AreaLogin to Band Director Area
This password protected area allows Band Directors to update information, submit program information, view schedules and results.
Information for Band Directors
Enrollment online is preferred. Your application will be marked as received the moment you have completed the online process. Also, if your band has previously participated at Harvest then using the second link below (and "logging in") fills in all of information for your school automatically - no muss, no fuss!
New Bands - Enroll in the 2007 Harvest Marching Band Festival On-line!
Bands That Have Attended Before - Enroll in the 2007 Harvest Marching Band Festival On-line!
2007 Festival Application in PDF format
Judges, Finals Policy and Scoring
Map of Yakima with food locations indicated
Map of Eisenhower Campus including Contest Warmup/Performance Path
Map of Warm-Up Area "A" at Wilson Middle School
Map of Warm-Up Area "B" at Whitney Elementary School
Just a few features that make the Harvest Band Festival special:
Novice – for beginners
- A 1-600 Enrollment
- AA 600-1000 Enrollment
- AAA Small band 1001+ Enrollment < 100 Performing Members
- AAA Large band 1001+ Enrollment > 100 Performing MembersEnrollment is based on grades 10-12
- Two lined, lighted almost full-size warm-up fields.
- Music General Effect, Marching General Effect and Auxiliary judges use video cameras to record comments with visual references.
- A website to facilitate communication - available 24/7!
- Outstanding Trophies!
- All Bands receive Awards - no participation plaques
- Judging Review Sheets after Preliminaries and Finals that include the score sub-sections of each of the nine judging categories.
- Drum Majors judged by specialist, not by a judge of another category doing "double-duty"
- Sunshine Guaranteed! (OK, OK - probable. But we can hope can't we?)
A Typical Day at Harvest:
8:30 AM - First Band on warm-up field
9:15 AM - Participating bands begin performing in Preliminary Competition
4:30 - Preliminary Competition is completed
4:35 - Preliminary Awards Ceremony - ALL PARTICIPATING BANDS participate - Drum Majors in uniform on track - Drum Majors should step forward and salute when school name announced - Finalists are announced.
4:45 - Dinner break begins. Band Directors of finalist bands meet in the Eisenhower High School Band Room.
5:30 - Finals begins with the A.C. Davis and Eisenhower High School Bands will each perform a show in exhibition, presentations of colors and National Anthem.
6:00 - First Band performs in competition.
9:15 - Finals Competition is completed.
9:20 - Finals Bands participate in formal retreat (bands march "through" each other on the track and take their place centered on a yard line) while the combined Davis/Eisenhower Bands play.
9:25 - Awards Ceremony - All finals bands (Drum Majors come forward) participate in awards.